23 April 2015

Spring 2015 Appeal

Most that come here are curious, some are mildly interested. Some are looking for cannon fodder. But some people truly get it, they have grasped the import of what I'm saying and its implications for the Church and how we think about everything from theology to history. Once you get it, there's really no turning back. It's like getting a new Bible. Suddenly you start to see everything through different eyes. It's disturbing but also wonderful. The world becomes a different place.

If you believe these resources to be beneficial and you'd like to see more of them dealing with a wider array of topics...

If you would like to see or benefit from other forms of this information, like podcasts for example, please consider supporting this work.

I work full time and have a family. This is something I do in between times, in the early and late hours. I cannot even begin to get to all the things I want to touch on and explore. I have a massive pile of notes and articles to be written that I can't get to. There's just not enough time.

I'm self-employed but don't make much. We don't need very much to live but we have to make ends meet. The more support means the less I have to work and the more I can focus on these projects. By American standards I'm poor and content to be so, but I do have considerable freedom when it comes to my time. In that I count myself rich. If I want to take a day off to be with my family, take care of an appointment or write, I do it and I don't have to answer to anyone.

I think I can do a lot more and have many ideas but without the time it cannot be. The only way I can get the time is if I don't have to worry about money. I leave it in God's hands. I quit trying to promote my websites on the wider web. I quit trying to drive people to my site. I'm trying to stay offline as much as I can and focus on what I'm doing. I pray that more people will open their eyes and be challenged. If it's God's will then my circumstances will change and I'll be able to write more and do the outside work less.

Regardless I'll keep writing and I realize that statement alone takes away any incentive to give. So be it. I leave it up to the readers and Providence.

If you're interested or want to talk about any of this with me, send me an email: protoprotestant@gmail.com

Thanks